Note: this is a job opening for our Barcelona-based office!
To grow & support the team in this exciting phase we are looking for a backend developer.
About the Job
You’ll help us with the phasing of rewritings and rethinking of our internationally successful platforms Snipperwall – our social conversation platform build to enable the ultimate fan engagement – and Selly Shopping – our retail omnichannel platform, connecting the off- and online shopping experience. And better, current ongoing conversations may even lead to the development of other innovative platforms in the future.
You’ll help us extend & harden our Java-based backend applications and services, help us improve the applications and service their scalability architecturally-, database-, storage- and code-wise. You can help us streamline our database storage and retrieval for working on a globally scalable level, and maintain and improve our servers and toolsets both for internal and external use through the application of good tools and smart technologies.
Are you ready to join our promising, motivated, international young team to grow to the next level?
Buzzwords to help you decide
MySQL meets NoSQL, Java, Scala, Akka, Spark, Tomcat, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, Jersey, OAuth, async programming, map/reduce, scalability, security, Apple PNS/Google Cloud messaging, Cloud providers (Amazon AWS in particular)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Efficient, scalable and secure APIs and back-ends are what you strive for
- You have at least 3 years of experience with Java amp& backend architecture. Scala and functional oriented programming is definitely something we will consider
- You have experience with Amazon Web Services and you follow whats happening in the areas of Cloud computing, databases and performant data storage
- You know how to keep data safe and accessible
- You have a strong focus on application security
- You have an in depth understanding of design patterns, data models, database design, database relationships and creating the best queries for the problem at hand.
- You know how to write well-designed and re-usable code, create your code around services and data access layers etc. is all known to you.
- You know how to work with the GIT version control system
- Exposure to the Agile development process
In return for your devotion to clean code, we can offer you
- Creative office in co-working space in Gracia, Barcelona
- The most fun Spanish colleagues, and a bunch of other internationals in Amsterdam
- Working on innovative products and solutions, in a team with a diverse set of tasks
- Regular trips to Amsterdam-Office
- Lunch contribution
Interested? Send a short motivated e-mail with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To apply, it is important that you have an European passport or work permit for EU