Do you have the drive to make our vision reality? Are you able to close the gap between our commercial & tech team?
Perfect, we are looking for a Product Owner!
From the most beautiful spot in Amsterdam, De Kromhoutwerf, we have launched our internationally successfull platforms Snipperwall – our social conversation platform build to enable the ultimate fan engagement -, (with clients like Ajax, SBS6, NOC*NSF, TEDx, The Voice USA, 3FM, Schiphol) and Selly Shopping – our retail omnichannel platform, connecting the off- and online shopping experience. And better, current ongoing conversations may even lead to the development of other innovative platforms in the future. You can play a key role in this phase!
About the Job
The key challenge in your role as a product owner role is to have a vision for what is to be built, and then convey that vision to our (scrum) team. You know how to work within an international team under an agile methodology. You help your direct colleagues, the CTO and another Product Owner, to plan and manage the team’s commitment in the sprints. Mapping new requirements and simultaneously helping the team to focus on the goal of the sprint is part of your daily routine. To contribute to this process, you prioritise and spec product (feature) development, you have understanding and co-responsibility for UX and you test for new releases, bugs and product improvements. In short, you are responsible and involved in the full development cycle, together with the PO & CTO.
You may understand, to shine in this job you have knowledge of customer needs, by being involved in the marketing product strategy, and you have a vision on market development.
Your package of skills could even open doors to grow to become a Product Manager, leaning more to product strategy.
Agile, Scrum, user stories, sprint, Jira, product backlog, roadmap, planning, projects, UX, vision, specs, product management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or Masters/MBA Degree
- 1-3 years of experience in product ownership
- Knowledge of Digital Products, Platforms, Mobile & devices/operating systems
- General interest in Design & UX
- Proper planning skills
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban…)
- Technical attitude – you easily understand what is needed in the tech team
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing opportunities, developments and conditions in the industry
- Being the ‘owner’ of a forward thinking culture – inspire with brainstorms, presentations, market behaviour etc.
More about you
- Creative & Innovative, with a slice of tech knowledge
- Structured / helicopter view
- Proactive – getting it done mentality
- Solution focused
- A sense of humor!
What can we offer you?
- Creative office in centre of Amsterdam
- Professional & personal growth, within your role or to other position
- A promising, motivated, young international team
- Working on innovative products and solutions, in a team with a diverse set of tasks
- Tasty & healthy lunch
- Trips to our Barcelona office
- Office boat for open-air meetings at the Amsterdamse Grachten
Note: To apply, it is important that you have an European passport or work permit for EU
Are you our best match? We are eager to hear why! Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org